- How do I know if I'm TOO stressed?
- How is anxiety different from stress?
- Creating your Personal Stress Management Plan
- A Personalized Stress Plan to help you (use with link above)
- Five Tips for Coping with Stress
- Seven Ways to Practice Emotional First Aid
- Apps to Try:
- Stop, Breathe, and Think
Feeling REALLY stressed?
- You are NOT alone. Reach out to one of our counselors. We have 7 counselors and 2 student-support counselors, all of whom want to help you.
- If you feel like you might harm yourself, please go to the National Suicide Prevention Line or call them at 1-800-273-8255. It is free, confidential, and available to everyone.
Need tips on how to study?
- Amazing, useful NEW information at Healthy Chaps provided by WHS EdTechs - all about studying at Westlake
- What tips do Westlake teachers have for you about how to study in their classes?
- This list has proven methods that might surprise you.
- Focusing on Finals - How to prepare
- These tips are focused on study methods for students with ADHD, but they'll work for everyone.
Resources to help you plan your schedule each year:
- How much activity is too much activity?
- Teens and younger children need PDF every day - play time, down time, and family time
- The WHS Time Management form to be used with the WHS Course Hours sheets: #1 and #2
If you're thinking about applying to college, you might be interested in these resources:
- What do colleges really think about weighted GPAs?
- Harvard's Making Caring Common Report on many colleges' new priorities for admissions
- Where the Westlake Class of 2017 applied and is attending
- Where the Westlake Class of 2016 applied and is attending
- Assess Yourself 5Is and Assess Colleges' 4Cs - great questions to ask yourself when thinking of where to apply
- Reflections on Rejections Read at least the introduction.
Important information about teen stress
- Do You Know? Fascinating research findings on high school students shared by Challenge Success
- Do You Know? More research findings from Challenge Success, this time about middle school students
What have other schools tried?
Here's what happened at Dover-Sherborn High School in Boston.
Here's what a Seattle high school has done.
Our Survey Results
2015 Stanford Survey of Adolescent School Experiences